Best Gifts for Pregnant Women
As second time mamas-to-be, our pregnancies are flying a bit faster than our first. We’ve pulled together a collective list of some of our best gifts for pregnant women to keep things as enjoyable as possible!
Gifts for Pregnant Women Little List
- BeMaternity Tank: Basics are KEY, and this tank was one of our absolute favorites. It’s flattering and works perfectly alone or under a cardigan or shirt. I like to stick to solids for the most part that can be dressed up or dressed down. This is one of those staples for me! It’s a great gift for the pregnant women in your life.
- Smoothies: That looks pretty delish, huh? I love smoothies when I’m pregnant (and when I’m not), and have found them to be a wonderful addition to our pregnancy diets . I recently discovered Vega One to add to our shakes, which packs in the veggies, fruits, protein, and vitamins. There are many great shakes on the market to research and ask your doctor about! Take your friend out for a smoothie or make a special gift basket with some nonperishable ingredients!
- Aden + Anais Pregnancy (+ Nursing) Pillow: This one is the BEST pillows out there. It’s the perfect size, super soft and cozy, and doubles as a nursing pillow once baby arrives. I also got My Pillow as a Christmas gift and have been loving it in combination! Sleep didn’t feel this good with the last pregnancy.
- Mama-to-be tea: I’ve continued to drink a cup of coffee a day throughout pregnancy, but sometimes you need a nice comforting beverage like a cup of tea. I especially like Earth Mama’s selection, which offers organic tea for everything you could imagine (from morning sickness to stress to heartburn). A great and thoughtful gift for pregnant women that won’t break the bank. Make sure to consult your doctor before adding a new type of herbal tea to your diet.
- Probiotics: In my first pregnancy, I incorporated our pre-natal vitamin with a separate fish oil pill. Since becoming pregnant a second time, I read a lot about the benefits of probiotics (from healthy gut function to immunity), and have added this pill to the mix. It definitely helped! Please make sure to consult your doctor about your vitamin regimen and do not take this as medical advice.
- Bzees shoes: Comfortable shoes are a MUST! I admittedly still wear heels, but try to slip into comfortable shoes (EMU slippers in the morning and Bzees shoes or sneaks throughout the day). This brand offers some of the most comfortable shoes, which is so important to avoid foot and backaches!
- Glow Organics Peppermint Scrub: When you’re pregnant, you are most likely going to have scents you LOVE and absolutely can’t stand . My brother and his fiance got me Bump Boxes for Christmas (great gift!!), and it came with this peppermint scrub. It’s amazing. It smells so good and is wonderful for a refreshed feeling in the shower. I use it on my hands and feet, but also on my arms and legs. Another great and reasonably priced gift for expecting mothers!
- Trader Joe’s Lavender Scrub: I don’t know what it is with pregnancies and scrubs, but this has been a favorite through both. It’s so relaxing in the shower and I rub it on my baby bump. I feel that the lavender keeps me (and baby) relaxed, and the oil left behind is good for hydrating skin that could be prone to stretch marks. I get my favorite kind at TJs, but if you don’t have one locally, there are some great options on Amazon too. This is a fabulous gift for pregnant women!
- BellyBandit BDA Bra: This has been one of my very best finds for a bra that offers support and comfort. It’s also a nursing bra (and can be used when you are not pregnant as well) – can’t beat the versatility!
- Leggings, leggings, leggings: We are loving newly found PreggoLeggings for comfort and style this pregnancy! We cannot stress our need for comfy leggings that we can dress up or dress down. We made the mistake of trying to squeeze into our pre-pregnancy leggings too far into our pregnancies, and were so uncomfortable. Help a mom to be out and get her a sweet pair!
What could you not do without for your pregnancy? Any other ideas for gifts for pregnant women? We’d love to hear in the comments below!