The Best Gift for Teachers on Christmas List
Teachers are the unsung heroes of our lives and we certainly want to make them feel appreciated by giving them the best gift for teachers on Christmas possible. They watch our little ones and help to shape them into the awesome humans they’re destined to be.
We’ve rounded up our friends who teach and asked them what their idea of the best gift for teachers on Christmas would be. The majority said they don’t expect anything, but if they do receive a gift they really love something personal, like a handwritten card or homemade gift. Read through our list of holiday gift ideas for teachers to find out which ‘purchased’ gift was rated number 1 as the best gift for teachers on Christmas or for the holiday season!
If you want to show your appreciation for all they do, we rounded up a list of some thoughtful, unique, useful and appreciated holiday presents that they’re sure to love. Here is our Little List of suggestions for the best gifts for teachers on Christmas or around the holiday season:
- Start by thinking about what the teacher’s personality is like and what she enjoys doing or collecting. Thoughtful AND useful gifts are always the best. Our one teacher friend loves cupcakes and got a cupcake caddy from a very thoughtful student. You would think that it’s the most random gift ever, but it’s one of her favorites because it was so personal and USEFUL. Don’t be afraid to be random as long as it applies to the teacher’s interests!
- This crayon box badge pull gives me all the feels. I also love the personalization of these.
- Personalized LL Bean Tote bag (perfect for bringing things back and forth between work and home)
- Reusuable monogrammed lunch box
- Depending on your teachers style, she may love a small fun gift of jewelry as a best gift to get a teacher on Christmas. These fun earrings will dress up her conservative work attire.
- Monogrammed stationery. Tiny Prints or Minted are safe bets and usually have coupons too.
- Cute classroom clipboard: Here’s a DIY and the kids can help!
- Donate a paperback book to the classroom library… have your child write a note and sign it.
- Scratch off Lottery Tickets (it could be worth much more than what it cost you!)
- Manicure/Pedicure certificate to a local salon
- Box of Godiva chocolates
- Engraved whistle (gym teacher or coach)
- Thoughtful homemade gifts (handmade ornaments, potted plants for the classroom in a painted pot, etc.)
- Gift card to a car wash or movies
- Homemade treats! We heard of someone receiving homemade cinnamon rolls that were frozen with directions to cook them on Christmas morning.
- Luxurious hand lotions that aren’t too fragrant. (We love L’occitane en Provance!)
- Fun Liquid soap sets, i.e. from Bath and Body Works
Now the moment you’ve been waiting for, drum roll please….the number one gift for teachers at Christmas was a resounding “GIFT CARD!” – Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Amazon, American Express, T.J. Maxx were all cited as favorites. As far as amounts go, don’t feel pressured to do anything astronomical – even $5 is appreciated so they can treat themselves to a latte in the morning.
If you’re a teacher we would enjoy hearing some of your favorite unique gifts you received! We can pass the hints on to the LL community! If you’re looking for other interesting gifts you can check out our gifts for men and gifts for women. We’ve also made some other suggestions for great gifts under $25 here which could give some other great ideas.
Pin these ideas for later
Since 2014 Liz and Lia have become the trusted gift giving authority on the newest and trendiest items on the market. Learn more about their story, favorite gifts and how they became gifting experts. Need help finding a perfect gift or just want to say hello? Contact L+L here.
Little List may receive a small piece of affiliate revenue if a purchase is made using one of the links. This is at absolutely no cost extra cost to readers. If this business model interest you, learn more about how you can create your own profitable website!