Best Holiday Gift Ideas for Teachers
We’ve rounded up our friends who teach and asked them what their favorite holiday gifts are for teachers the. The majority said they don’t expect anything, but if they do receive a gift they really love something personal, like a handwritten card or homemade gift.
After that, the most popular response was a resounding “GIFT CARD!” – Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Amazon, American Express, T.J. Maxx were all cited as favorites. As far as amounts go, don’t feel pressured to do anything astronomical – even $5 is appreciated so they can treat themselves to a latte in the morning.
If you’re looking for something besides gift cards for a holiday gift for a teacher or something extra special, here is our Little List of suggestions:
- Start by thinking about what the teacher’s personality is like and what she enjoys doing or collecting. Thoughtful AND useful gifts are always the best. Our one teacher friend loves cupcakes and got a cupcake caddy from a very thoughtful student. You would think that it’s the most random gift ever, but it’s one of her favorites because it was so personal and USEFUL. Don’t be afraid to be random as long as it applies to the teacher’s interests!
- Personalized LL Bean Tote bag (perfect for bringing things back and forth between work and home)
- Reusuable monogrammed lunch box
- Depending on your teachers style, she may love a small fun gift from Baublebar to dress up her conservative work attire. They are having GREAT sales right now for the 12 days of Christmas.
- Monogrammed stationery. Tiny Prints or Minted are safe bets and usually have coupons too.
- Cute classroom clipboard: Here’s a DIY and the kids can help!
- Donate a paperback book to the classroom library… have your child write a note and sign it.
- Scratch off Lottery Tickets (it could be worth much more than what it cost you!)
- Manicure/Pedicure certificate to a local salon
- Box of Godiva chocolates
- Engraved whistle (gym teacher or coach)
- Thoughtful homemade gifts (handmade ornaments, potted plants for the classroom in a painted pot, etc.)
- Homemade treats! We heard of someone receiving homemade cinnamon rolls that were frozen with directions to cook them on Christmas morning.
- Luxurious hand lotions that aren’t too fragrant. (We love L’occitane en Provance!)
- Fun Liquid soap sets, i.e. from Bath and Body Works
If you’re a teacher we would enjoy hearing some of your favorite unique gifts you received! We can pass the hints on to the LL community! If you’re looking for other interesting gifts you can check out our gifts for men and gifts for women.