We don’t know about you, but our kids were in the pool even before Memorial Day (lucky to have grandparents that open their pool in April!) So, we’ve had a head start on picking some of our faves for this summer season… with the goal of keeping the kiddos sun-safe (and stylish too, when possible). With some of these picks, we realize the two don’t have to be mutually exclusive!
- Elly La Fripouille’s UV 50+ swimwear Cherry rash guard for just $23! Love this chic brand of rashguards and swimwear with very reasonable prices.
- Konfidence hat on sale for just $10 — ok, we know this type of hat isn’t the most “stylish” but we are obsessed with these UV hats – they have our girls’ faces completely shaded from the sun!
- Real Shades Polarized Adventure glasses — we are loving this new kids’ brand of sunnies – Real Shades has the more stylish mini aviator and wayfarer versions (starting at $10), but these are our pick for glasses that give full spectrum protection and stay put!
- Platypus Australia UPF 50+ swim sets for boys and girls — one of our very favorite new brands of UV swimwear – the sets are unique, quality, and fit great.
- Lulujo Turkish towel for $21 — perfect for drying off in the pool but it also doubles as a layer for sun protection (and the fact that it’s light weight doesn’t make it a burden) – beautiful colors and a great summer gift.
- Puddle Jumper swimmies from $14! — these swimmies have made our girls much more adventurous in the pool this year (and they used them last year too) – you of course still need constant parental supervision, but this allows the little ones a bit more independence in the water
- Pediped Flex water resistant shoes in so many great color combos (and machine washable!) — the perfect pair of shoes for an active day in and out of the pool or beach. Pedipeds are one of our top go-tos for shoes year round, and these are a great bet for all summer long.
- Babyganics mineral sunscreen — this has been one of our favorite sunscreens for the kiddos. Make sure to reapply, reapply, reapply! We love rash guards because there is less skin to make sure is protected with sunscreen!
- Snapper Rock kaftan on sale for $23! (other great picks from Pottery Barn Kids here) — a great bet for throwing on over a suit. Although most don’t provide UV protection, they certainly add an extra layer from the sun.
What did we miss? We’d love to hear your thoughts on must-haves for summer!